Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowtorious B.I.G.

I love the snow! Winter Wonderland in our backyard.
Car is officially buried.
Scene of the big snowball fight.
Jonathan showing his skill in snowball launching.
Dupont Circle Snowball fight.

The title is one name I've heard DCer's calling this Blizzard in 2010 and it made me laugh. So there you go.


We ventured out of the house to check out a huge snowball fight at Dupont Circle organized via Twitter and Facebook. It was quite a scene. They predicted about 4,000 people were in attendance launching snow balls amidst the scenic fountain and landmark.


I like that DC has spunk in a snow storm. I guess its because we are lucky enough to live close enough to walk to places that remain open for people similar to us, one Starbucks was open with a line out the door and the few bars/restaurants open were packed. There is no way you could drive anywhere. See the picture with our car. Well, you can't really tell its a car. I'm not sure how we will dig out because I don't know where the snow will go! DC is supposed to have below freezing temps this upcoming week, so it won't be melting. It shall be interesting! Maybe Jonathan will be trapped here and be here all week. That sounds fun.


With all this snow, I can't help but be awed by its beauty. It's blinding when you go outside because its so white and the sun's reflection is bright. Upon returning to the condo, it takes our eyes a bit to adjust.


"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow"
-Isaiah 1:18b


As the snow covers dirty streets, old cars parked along the side, and unkempt gardens to make any place full of beauty, the blood of Christ also covers us to give us such spotlessness, amidst our ugliness, depravity and utter sinfulness. I am thankful for such a powerful reminder and image through our snow covered city. Happy Saturday.

3 comments:

Bagwell's said...

Ive been thinking of you as I have watched the news. I hope yall can make the most of it and have fun though I am sure by Tuesday youll be tired of the white stuff! We missed snow this year with our move so enjoy some for us!

Jennifer said...

I messed up on my last comment so I had to delete.. I'll try again...

Don't you love the night sky with all the snow? It makes the nighttime not so dark! I love it! Bundle up!

Heather said...

Jen- Yes! And when its falling at night, it looks like glitter coming from Heaven in the midst of the steet lamps! Beautiful. Night time snow IS the best.

Bets- We are enjoying it! BUT I am a little antsy...AND we might get MORE tomorrow. Yikes. Might need rescuing!