Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tagged!

I am not sure about this whole "tag" business, but my friend Katie has tagged me to tell 6 quirky things about me and the holidays...So I cannot ignore this request.
Not quite "quirky" and not sure how quirky would even apply to the holidays, but here goes....

1. I don't like decorating for Christmas/holidays. I just don't understand spending money on something that stays up for like 3 weeks. Maybe if space, money and time were not issues, I would have a lovely decorated home. Until then, I am content with my candles, one is scented "Red Apple Wreath" and the other is "Mistletoe". Lit in their glass homes, they spread all the cheer Jonathan and I need. Oh and I have these little reindeers that my Mom mailed (she is distressed that I do not have a desire to decorate) so I humored her by putting them on the front table, but Jonathan and I both get annoyed as we constantly knock them down every time we pass or put something on the table (see above, space issue). Don't tell my Mom.

2. My favorite Christmas song is Michael W. Smith's version of Kay Thompson's Jingle Bell's.
It is absolutely ridiculous but makes me laugh. My sister and I used to sing it loudly as we drove together to school back in the day. Good memories with my sister. I still know all the words.

3. Cuban Christmas Eve. We spend every Christmas Eve with our former neighbors who have a Cuban heritage and are wonderful hosts for a yummy dinner and festivities. It's always hilarious and they have been life long friends.

4. Favorite Christmas Movies: Love Actually, The Preacher's Wife, and Home Alone. I love Hugh Grant, Whitney Houston back in the day, and I used to be in love with Maculuary Culkin as a girl. Still my holiday heroes. And "The Christmas Story" but only in segments on the TBS marathon between eatings on Christmas day.

5. I actually look forward to waking up in my own bed in my own town one Christmas on a far away day. Don't know if this will ever happen since we live far away from both our families. But I do wonder what it would be like. Sounds kinda nice. Not that I don't love our families, but its still not "our" bed.

6. On Christmas Day, our family is very busy. We see every relative on my Mom and Dad's side. Really. Grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. The food is fantastic and its amazing to really see the WHOLE family. See why my thought up waking up in my bed in DC will probably not happen?! Ha.

No comments: