Monday, December 1, 2008

Blah.

Today has been one of those days where my head hasn't stopped pulsing, I can't remember why I love(d) my job so much (didn't I just tell one of you how much I loved it? Well, I need a reminder, a day later!), and the idea of doing anything besides sitting on the couch all day in my pj's seems like some kind of slow, pure torture.

What's my deal? Post holiday blues, maybe. The day after driving for 13 hours in horrible weather and traffic from Atlanta to DC, check. Husband left after 10 days of face to face time, check. Bags from being out of town laying around bedroom begging to be unpacked, check. Paper for grad class still awaiting to be written, check. Family calling saying "I wish you were with us" at Thanksgiving because I was with husband's fam, check. Did I mention a headache that continues to burn my eyes and throb in the back of my head? Oh right, check.

My inner dialogue of complaints has been reeling throughout the day. I got back home and decided to "stop" my whining and look for things to uplift me.

I started to wash dishes, an annoying thing that just must be done. I was able to find some small happiness in my Mrs. Meyer's lavendar scented dish soap. It smells so freaking good and I really did feel uplifted as I scrubbed away. Postive #1, check.

Ahh. I bought a new dishtowel this weekend at Anthropologie on sale. It has old timey advertisements on it like "Novella sweet peas" with green stripes on the bottom. I didn't use it to dry the dishes because its brand new, but I did look at it on the towel rack, and found positive #2.

So, buy fun dish soap and towels. Simple pleasures. Much better than DAWN and an old, stained dishrag.

Next positive, a new Gossip Girl is on tonight. Yes, this is my total guilty pleasure. Its funny because I actually like the adults in the show, more than the "kids", which I guess means I am getting old. Rufus is such a hot dad! Yes, the show is full of underage sex and partying, but the clothes are fun and there are some underlying themes with redemptive qualities. And its not a "guilty" pleasure for no reason, there have to be some scandals :) xoxo!

Following GG, I will soak with my new Aveeno Foaming Bath, bought at the grocery today, and while not overly luxurious (I need some new for Christmas, hint hint), it will do the trick and I need to wind down. My heart is beating fast, probably from my almost overdose of excedrin migraine (with caffeine) to try and beat this ache in the head. OH, and I got some Blistex in a new, yummy flavor rasberry lemonade blast. It's like a reminder of a summer treat for my dreary, cracked winter lips, positive # 5!

While I know there are far greater positives out there such as health, prosperity, family and God's faithfulness but sometimes its the small things to comfort you on such a "blah" day.




2 comments:

KatieG said...

We find out on Thursday. It was good to get your text last week. I was hoping that you and your hubby had some wonderful time together. love you!

KatieG said...

I don't think it is going to sink until she's here!! I have thought about it and I think YOU should be next. It's scary at first but once you start feeling the baby move you fall in love, seriously!