Sunday, November 16, 2008

more than circumstances...

I just got back from the airport after dropping my hubby off, for yet again another week of travel for work, this time beginning on a precious Sunday, after about 24 hours together in the 7 days. Tears and sadness, although my head telling my heart and emotions to "straighten up" and that "its not that big of a deal". I tried to go to the mall. Ha. I guess it was good that it wasn't open yet. The Lord knew that emotional shopping is a weakness.

Got home, made some homemade oatmeal on the stove, the kind that takes longer but is creamier with maple syrup and raisens. I put my ipod on shuffle and here it came....

"I see Your face in every sunrise
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You’re beautiful

I see Your power in the moonlit night
Where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright
We are amazed in the light of the stars
It’s all proclaiming who You are
You’re beautiful, You're beautiful

I see you there hanging on a tree
You bled and then you died and then you rose again for me
Now you are sitting on Your heavenly throne
Soon we will be coming home
You’re beautiful, you're beautiful

When we arrive at eternity’s shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We’ll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we’ll sing
You’re beautiful, You're beautiful, You're beautiful"

-Phil Wickam lyrics to "Beautiful"

Our street has tall trees that are now "snowing" bright yellow leaves, as fall turns into winter, and its quite beautiful. Jonathan and I stood in the middle of the street yesterday as yellow fell around us and were just in awe of nature a few feet out our door.

The yellow trees outside were rustling about in the wind, as I came home today, as if God were comforting me, whispering sweet nothings. Then I heard the song and it continued to speak to me.....I'm not sure quite what the message is yet, and I am starting to think that each day in this life consists of figuring it out piece by piece, as if on a long treasure hunt, where one clue leads to the next. If this is true, then today's clue would be that there is MORE than circumstances. More than the 9-5, or too much alone time, or wintry weather. Admists all these circumstances, God is whispering to us, whether its through the falling leaves or a song, and He IS beautiful.

I can't wait to get to the end of the treasure hunt....

No comments: