Thursday, August 14, 2008

At the end of the day...

Tired. Emotional. Drained. Depleted.

In a service oriented job, the feeling around the office at the end of the week is ALL OF THE ABOVE. Hell, a day can leave me feeling that way.

"If you extend your soul to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted soul, then your light shall dawn in the darkness, and your darkness shall be as the noonday.

The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."
Isaiah 58: 10-11 the bible


Isn't that what I want? Shouldn't I desire to give my ALL throughout the day? To pour myself out to others? To share in others sufferings, to be empathetic?

To feel and to therefore know I am ALIVE
(maybe this is not how the rest of you know you are alive?!)

Without faith, I couldn't make it, but knowing God's promise of refiling me and replenishing me through the Holy Spirit, I can be renewed and can be "poured out" once again tomorrow.

So, can I challenge you?

Don't complain. Don't be wary. Keep going, ministering, completing the tasks set ahead of you.

If you are like me at all, if I was NOT depleted at the end of the day, then I would be complaining that I was antsy and bored, with no one to effect and/or share life.

Let's take God up on His offer to make us "like waters that do not fail"!!

No comments: