Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rest.

I guess it is a good thing that you don't know you are tired until you stop, or something like how that phrase goes....In anticipation of my vacation, which begins tomorrow night, I have been completely unmotivated this week to do anything. If I felt like this continually, I would be a restless, bored, unhappy mess! My guess is that I am just mentally "checked out" for vacation and my HOPE is that when I return in 12 days that I will feel refreshed and ready to go once again. Eek. My perspective this week has freaked me out a bit in that idea that I thought I loved my job, life, DC, day to day activities, but this week every task has felt like that dread before going to the dentist or something. Not a fun way to live life and I am thankful that NORMALLY I am happy, optimistic and purposeful in my days.

So, we are off to Florida for the most consecutive vacation days I have taken since working this job for 2 years! I am thrilled to rest, have a stack of books I have been wanting to read, and even a checklist of movies to rent in my head (we have gotten far behind on movie watching-it's hard to stay inside during the wonderful summer in DC!). Plus, we get to see all of our families and we will have enough time to actually just "be" with people and not rush around "catching up". Excited to feel loved and in the sunshine for a great rest called vacation.

Be back July 20....

No comments: